miércoles, julio 12, 2023

Johnny Rivers - The Snake

Johnny Rivers - The Snake

(Alright, here's the Snake...you dig?)

On the way to work one morning
down the path along side the lake
A tender hearted woman
saw a poor half-frozen snake

His pretty colored skin
had been all frosted with the dew
"Oh, well" she cried, "I'll take you in
and I'll take care of you."

CHORUS

Take me in tender woman
Take me in for heaven's sake
Take me in tender woman
SSSSiiiiggghhhhed the SSSSSSnake

She wrapped him up all cozy
in a comforter of silk
and then laid him by the fireside
with some honey and some milk

She hurried home from work that night
and as soon as she arrived
She found that pretty snake she'd taken in
had been revived.

Chorus

She clutched him to her bosom
"You're so beautiful" she cried
"but if I hadn't brought you in
by now you might have died."

Well she stroked his pretty skin again
and then kissed him really tight,
but instead of saying thanks,
the snake gave her a vicious bite.

Chorus

"I saved you!" cried that woman
"and you've bitten me but why?"
"you know your bite is poisonous
and now I'm gonna die."

"Ha ha, shut up, silly woman."
said that reptile with a grin.
"You knew darn well I was a snake
before you took me in."

Chorus

Oh, you better take me in ssssssiiiiigggghhhed the Snake.

La Serpiente

(Muy bien, aquí está la serpiente... usted cava?)

En el camino al trabajo una mañana
por el camino a lo largo del lado del lago
Una mujer de corazón tierno
vio a una pobre serpiente medio congelada

Su bonita piel coloreada
había sido todo esmerilado con el rocío
Oh, bueno» gritó, «Te llevaré en
y yo cuidaré de ti

CORO

Llévame en tierno mujer
Llévame, por el amor de Dios
Llévame en tierno mujer
ssssiiiiggghhhhhed el sssssssSnake

Ella lo envolvió todo acogedor
en un edredón de seda
y luego lo puso junto a la chimenea
con un poco de miel y un poco de leche

Ella se apresuró a casa del trabajo esa noche
y tan pronto como llegó
Encontró esa linda serpiente que había cogido
había sido reavivado

Coro

Ella lo agarró a su pecho
Eres tan hermosa», gritó
pero si no te hubiera traído
ya podrías haber muerto

Bueno, ella acarició su bonita piel otra vez
y luego lo besó muy apretado
pero en vez de dar las gracias
la serpiente le dio un mordisco vicioso

Coro

¡Te salvé!» gritó esa mujer
y me has mordido, pero ¿por qué?
Sabes que tu mordida es venenosa
y ahora voy a morir

Ja, ja, cállate, tonta
dijo ese reptil con una sonrisa
Sabías muy bien que yo era una serpiente
antes de que me aceptarais

Coro

Oh, será mejor que me lleves en ssssssiiiiigggghhhed la serpiente

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario